Monday, March 9

Interview Worthy: Mi$$ie Rich

Kalyn Bias, better known as Mi$$ie Rich, is an around the way girl with uptown aspirations. From street hustles to interning with one of Japan's finest streetwear brands, this girl is sure to knock your socks off, or at least design them. Don't let the cute face fool you!





WTW: Why the name Missie Rich?
MR: Because I'm the female version of Richie Rich.





WTW: Your illustrations remind me of cotton candy and childhood flashbacks. What is your inspiration behind your graphics?
MR: My inspiration comes mainly for the Pop Art era. I love bright colored things, things that make people smile, designs that stand out.






WTW: How long have you been in this field and how did you know it was right for you?
MR: I have been an arts person by nature. As far back as I can remember I'd been painting and drawing. My mother let me draw on the kitchen table as a kid. I began taking art serious when I was in college. I started out as a psychology major but ended up in graphic arts which was where I should have been as a freshman. I didn't think there was such a good career move being an artist. I decided I wanted to do what came natural and what I loved even if the money wasn't going to be great. Formally three years, since college.


WTW: Aside from graphics, what are your other hustles?
MR: Begging family members for money. Seriously, I'll take odd jobs, host parties, or work retail to make ends meet.




WTW: I see you have worked with Roxy Cottontail, BBC, and Around the Way Girls just to name a few. Who are some others you'd like to work with?
MR:I interned for Billionaire Boys Club/ Ice cream. The twins Ricky and Dee Jackson (deeandricky.com). 55DSL which is apart of Diesel. I'd love to design with Marc Jacobs, do more with Lanie the head of Hellz Bellz, and ultimately work for myself and my own clothing line!



WTW: What are your upcoming projects?
MR: Working on the first season of my clothing line, promoting my blog, and working on my portfolio for admission into F.I.T for Fashion Design.


WTW: What is your personal style and who has wack style to you?
MR:One word Cute! Lil Mama in a category of wackness of her own!!




WTW: Hellz-Bellz or Married to the MOB?
MR: Hellz Bellz, graphics are better.




WTW: Any last words?
MR:I'm struggling, its hard for me right now, but I am not giving up because, soon I will reach success and value it much more.


Check out more of this cute lil cupcake and her goodies (not like that you pervs) on her blog and online portfolio!

4 comments:

  1. hmmmmm..chill interview ! dope dope shit

    ReplyDelete
  2. isn't that lil cute bunny from the new balance ads? adorable if i dont say so myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this interview is a good goood look K.
    keep on keepin' on...ur designs are fly...like your face.

    ReplyDelete